Thursday, January 27, 2011

sustainable love

1.7.11

Happy Friday, January 7, 2011!  Here's my little Friday gift to you all.  I told Shelley about this but wanted to send it your way.  I read this article in the NY times lately and I thought it has a lot to do with our usual discussions as well as the new theme for 2011!  Maybe not in terms of marriage but in terms of general relationships.  It might seem a little counterintuitive at first but if you think about it for a second, then it definitely makes sense.  From my blog (aka I'm quoting myself):  'We want to learn from each other, and when this doesn't happen, we no longer feel compelled to contribute [to the relationship]. On the surface, yes, it does sound counterintuitive to think 'the best [relationships] are those that bring satisfaction to the individual'. However, evolutionarily speaking, this makes perfect sense. By learning new things (or seeing the world from someone else's perspective), we are better prepared to survive given a diverse set of situations.'

No comments:

Post a Comment