Thursday, January 27, 2011

Life in Color

12.31.10

For some reason I'm in a mood to look at pictures.  Have you all ever seen this?  I had never seen it before until I read an article in BBC about the last roll of Koachrome being developed.  Anyway, the green eyed girl is an amazing portrait and Steven McCurry has many more if you look at his website.  Totally check it out if you have time.

So what else am I thinking?  When I was living in Japan it seemed much easier to take cool pictures.  I think this is also true of Mr. McCurry's pictures.  We are moved by places and people that are foreign to us.  I've never been to a Holi Festival in India so the bright red pigment covering the faces of a crowd (see Mr. McCurry's website) intrigues me.  Maybe this is partly because of the scenery too?  If someone like Mr. McCurry were to take a picture of you how would you compose your image?  Keep in mind that it should say something about your everyday life.  Where do you feel at home?  What would you be doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment